Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Ressurrection



It appears my PC troubles are over, as my PC was its usual super stable self last night. Perhaps I shouldn't count my chickens just yet, but it appears that the problems I was having have disappeared as quickly as they appeared, so it's a relief that I don't have to fork out the money for a new motherboard just yet. I've still not really determined what the problem was, a flaky overclock or an erratic boot sector coupled with a few dozen abnormal shutdowns, but I had the PC running for a couple of hours, and did a half a dozen power cycles with no problems last night, for the second consecutive night. So if I do have any underlying power management problems with the motherboard, they've not manifested themselves for a couple of days and a dozen restarts, they can't be very serious. I'll be keeping an eye on things, though.

Post a Comment