Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Publish Or Perish

Welcome to my blog.


I first became aware of the blogging phenomenon about a year ago. I'm not quite sure why it's taken me so long to actually get with it, as I do enjoy writing a lot, anything from short stories to journalistic articles on videogames, so I suppose writing a diary or blog was the next logical step.


Whereas a diary is usually a very private thing, a blog is a very public way of recording your innermost thoughts. I suppose it's only the anonymity provided by the internet that allows people the inner security to do this kind of thing, or perhaps telling complete strangers what's going on in your head represents some sort of catharis.


Whatever the reason, I've decided it's about the right time to enter the fray. I anticipate that most of my entries here won't go into personal details or issues I have with specific people, but will provide an outlet for all my frustrations about the world, its politics and its idiosyncracies and stupidities.


If you're reading this, you've probably clicked on my sig from State and will already know why I'm Mad (and occasionally Wrong). Hence, I'm not going to bother with the tedious introductions. If you've come here by other means, however, please do check out the forum to see where (and why) I spend 90% of my online time there.


Stay tuned for updates,....

Post a Comment