Monday, March 10, 2003

Don't trust the skull!


Thanks to a manual installation tip I read on the PC Gamer Forum to stop me needing to change CDs every five minutes, I've got right back into Planescape: Torment. I spent a few hours on it last night, and it's truly superb. The characterisation is excellent, and for once the conversation is an end in itself, rather than something to break up the hack and slash. I must get around to finishing it this time.


Now completely changing the subject;
A politician with scruples. A rare thing indeed. I like Clare Short. It's rare to see a politician who will make a stand based on principle, rather than personal gain, but I question what her resignation from government would achieve. It would remove her influence on policy, and leave the warmongers to do what they like. I admire her willingness to put pressure on Tony Blair's pandering to Bush, but a resignation would lose them nothing, and lose her everything. She would be better off calling for a vote of no confidence in Tony Blair's leadership - if she's willing to throw away her political career on this issue, she might as well do it in style.

Post a Comment