Tuesday, March 11, 2003

All Ahead Standard


I like submarines. One of my favourite games of all time is Silent Hunter, a WWII submarine simulator where you serve in the Pacific fleet submarine arm, commanding boats from the lowly P-Class up to the mighty Gato-class. I've had my eye on this for quite a while now, and I bought it this lunchtime after I discovered EA have stopped production and distribution of it, so I snapped up one of the last remaining copies of it in my local PC World. Jason Bradbury really liked it when he reviewed it for PC Gamer, and Gamespy gave it 89%, so I reckon it's worth a try.
I'm expecting a hardcore sim experience, rather than adrenalin-coursing eye candy, which is precisely what I want. Silent Hunter was the perfect Lazy Sunday Afternoon game, so I hope this will be just as good. Expect damage reports to be posted soon. Provided I can tear myself away from Planescape, of course.

Post a Comment